Flex Debit Card
A flex debit card allows you to use Health Flexible Spending Account (Health FSA) funds to pay for eligible medical expenses instead of paying out-of-pocket. It gives you direct access to your Health FSA funds and helps you avoid waiting on reimbursement checks!
Who Will Accept My Card?
Medical related facilities, including doctor’s offices and hospitals, will accept your flex debit card. Retailers, such as drugstores and pharmacies whose computer systems recognize eligible expenses when scanned, will also accept your flex debit card. Although payment will come directly from your Health FSA account, we recommend you save all receipts in case proof of purchase is required in order to receive reimbursement.
New Debit Card PIN Requirement
Starting April 1, 2013, you may be asked to enter a PIN number when using your Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Debit Card. Depending on the merchant where you are using your debit card, you may be required to use a PIN number to complete your transaction, or use a different form of payment.
What Else Should I Know?
- The card cannot be used until your plan year begins.
- The card is only for eligible medical expenses. Dependent daycare expenses are not eligible.
- The card cannot be used for over-the-counter drugs filled with a prescription; you will need to file a manual claim.
- Save your receipts!
- There is a fee for replacement cards.
- View a chart of flex debit card guidelines.
Interested in a Flex Debit Card?
Ask your employer if they offer it at your workplace.
*These products may contain limitations, exclusions and waiting periods.
This product is inappropriate for people who are eligible for Medicaid coverage.