Individual Retirement Annuity
Plan wisely for retirement with an IRA. American Fidelity offers you both fixed and variable IRA options that can be opened and funded without any employer participation.
• Immediate tax benefits: earnings are tax-deferred until withdrawn. Your contributions may also be tax-deductible if you meet specific IRS guidelines.
• Accessibility: funds always available, something not generally true of employer plans, however, penalties may apply if withdrawals are taken before age 59 ½.
• Flexibility: no minimum contribution in any year. The maximum contribution is $5,500 for 2013 (up from $5,000 for 2012) or 100% of your earned income, if less. Also, if you are 50 years of age or older, you may contribute an additional $1,000. You may begin taking advantage of this increased limit in the tax year that you reach age 50.
• Convenient: contributions can be made by bank draft.
• Investment options: choose from both fixed and variable individual retirement annuity products.
Not eligible under Section 125
The information contained on this and other product pages generally highlights the important features of the particular American Fidelity product listed, and does not constitute a statement of contract, nor a complete description of the conditions, benefits, exclusions and other terms of coverage. The product listed and/or all benefits may not be available in all states and coverage is subject to all applicable policy provisions as authorized by the proper state regulatory authorities. For more complete information, please consult the terms of the product policy form approved in your state or contact us. (FPDA and FVA Series)